EV Buying - USED Vehicles
- There is now a wide selection of models and they are more affordable. Newer units go further and may be quicker.
- The very very very most importing thing is that you are buying a battery (the "Traction" battery). Please ensure you receive a written certified battery test and understand what it means.
- Many of the EV's on Salt Spring Island were purchased used and have very satisfied owners.
- your salesperson should be:
- able to inform you of the history of the car. Has it been in an accident and repaired ? Did it come from the Southern US where higher temperatures could effect the life of the traction battery ?
- very knowledgable You should be provided with a fully charged car, a detailed explanation on how to operate the vehicle, and answer all your questions.
- All dealers who sell EV's will have used units. However for the best selection ...
- Motorize - Your EV Store, Sidney, BC. and 1671 Island Highway. Contact Julian Sale (250) 655-3534 or visit www.motorize.ca. Motorize has sold the most EV's on SSI and is the best source for EV information. Julian donated the free public chargers at Island Savings, Fulford Hall and Country Grocer and has made several donations to maintain them. He has been our key resource for our "Ask an Expert" Zoom series. Motorize currently has loads of used EV's with longer range batteries (+ 400km). Including Teslas.